Cleveland City Council’s special “Digital Inclusion Week” hearing last Wednesday drew a standing-room-only crowd in support of City support for community digital inclusion efforts.
The hearing — convened jointly by Council’s Committees on Health and Human Services, Utilities, Workforce and Community Benefits, and Development, Planning & Sustainability — was organized and led by Health and Human Services Chairman (and Ward 14 Councilman) Brian Cummins. Eleven of Council’s other sixteen members were present to hear at least some of the two hours of testimony.*
Here’s the complete witness list, with links to Power Point presentations where we have them…
- Bill Callahan and Samantha Schartman-Cycyk, Connect Your Community
- Wanda Davis, Ashbury Senior Computer Community Center
- CEO Jeffery Patterson, Donald Butler and Juleian Curtis, Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Erika Anthony, Cleveland Neighbrhood Progress
- Jeff Verespej Old Brooklyn CDC
- Mark Batson, Council for Economic Opportunities in Greater Cleveland
- Amy Sheon, Urban Health Initiative, CWRU Medical School
- Adam Perzynski, Center for Health Care Research and Policy, CWRU/Metrohealth
- Lev Gonick, DigitalC
- Ken Kovatch, RET3 Job Corps
- Billy Sharp, Mastering Generosity Unlimited
- ASC3 graduates — Doug Smith, Jameel Amir, Cynthia Felder, and Lavern Mitchell
* Our thanks to Councilman Cummins, Council President Kelley and Council Members Cleveland, Kazy, Pruitt, Reed, Dow, Polensek, Brady, Johnson, McCormack and Keane.