Connect Your Community 2.0 is a collaboration among organizations who are determined to overcome the digital exclusion of hundreds of thousands of our neighbors in greater Cleveland and Detroit.
What’s “digital exclusion”, and why does it matter?
- New Census: No Internet connection for 52,000 Cleveland homes
- 2015 Census: “Fixed broadband” in only half of Cleveland, Detroit households
- FCC’s new data on 10 mbps connections shows stark city-suburb contrasts for Cleveland, Detroit
- Updated maps shows no-broadband majorities in most Cleveland and Detroit neighborhoods
- MetroHealth study finds “emerging inequality” in online health record adoption
- “The Broadband Divide in Cleveland: It’s About Incomes” (Federal Reserve presentation)
- Detroit and Cleveland are among the 25 worst-connected U.S. cities
- Mapping Cleveland’s digital divide
- Cuyahoga County Internet Survey